Expat writers’ group, Writers Abroad, is seeking submissions for our fifth anthology.
Writers Abroad will begin accepting submissions for their 2015 anthology, Kaleidoscope, on May 1, 2015. Our expat writers’ group is asking for submissions of short stories, flash fiction, and poetry on the theme of light. The theme is open to interpretation: your light might dispel evil, or reveal something unexpected in the darkness; perhaps your character ‘sees the light’ in a revelation; or light may have an important role in your setting. Firelight can destroy or warm and illuminate; or you may be inspired by the difference in light in other countries.
This year, Writers Abroad will be donating all profits made from the anthology to Room to Read, an international charity striving for a world in which all children can purse a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, they focus on two areas: literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with communities and local governments across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond.
Author Christopher Allen will be writing the foreword for this anthology. He is the author of Conversations with S. Terri O’Type (a Satire), an episodic adult cartoon about a man struggling with expectations.
The anthology will be print published and later available as an e-book.
Expat Writers Wanted
Writers Abroad fifth anthology, entitled Kaleidoscope.
Open to entries: May 1 – June 15, 2015.
Entrants: Expat or former expat writers.
Fiction: up to 1700 words.
Flash Fiction: 500 words.
Poems: 30 lines.
- Contributors must be expat or former expat writers who are living or have lived outside their country of origin.
- Word Count: Fiction – 1700 words; Flash Fiction – 500 words; Poems – 30 lines. Entries above these specifications will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished either in print or online
- Open for submissions between Friday 1st May and Monday 15th June 2015
- Submissions must be in English
- Manuscripts must be submitted via the link to Submittable on this page from 1st May
- Queries can be made only via the contact button on the Submissions page
- Entries are free
- Only one entry per author
- Each author should include a third person biography of a maximum of 40 words, which includes information about their expat status and website/blog address
- Successful authors will be informed within two weeks after the closing date
- We cannot provide feedback on submissions, but successful stories may be edited and authors required to make minor changes for publication purposes
- Copyright will remain with the author and the stories will be published in an anthology in a number of formats
- All entrants must be over 18.
For additional information, full submission rules and guidelines visit: www.writersabroad.com