Invest your social networks and empower children across the globe!
Writers Abroad (expat group of writers of which I am a member) would like you to invest your social networks and help us make a Thunderclap across social media about our forthcoming anthology, Kaleidoscope! It’s for a great cause. All profits we make through book sales go to Room to Read, who work with communities and local governments across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills.
We have set up a ‘Thunderclap’ to be released on October 2nd. This method asks people to sign up for one post to be posted on their Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (or all three) profiles. It’s a one off post and it means that these social media sites will post the marketing information at exactly the same time on the same day which is very useful.
However, we need a minimum of 100 people to sign up and we’re busy contacting family and friends to sign up but we still have a way to go. I’ve posted the instructions below. I promise it doesn’t take a minute and once you’ve signed up that’s it. Please also ask family and friends, the milkman, the dustman anyone you like! To sign up. Many thanks in advance:)
To make your vote count, please go to:
1. Click on the The Thunderclap link
2. There you will have the option to ‘support’ through FB, Twitter or Tumblr.
3. Click one of the options. It’ll bring up a draft of the post that will go on your page on the 2nd October.
4. Personalize the message if you want.
5. Say yes. It’ll say Thank you.
6. Then, you’ll be given the option to RE-POST to social media right now, saying you’ve just supported it. This will encourage other people because they’ll see the post and sign up as well.
Later, you can go back to the Thunderclap page and post again on your page, to encourage more people to do it. You can only post once each, on each form of social media.
Please note that if you simply share the pic/link, your support won’t register. You HAVE to get to the Thunderclap page and say yes, you agree to have it posted on that day.
Lovely reader, you rock! Both images are also linked to our Thunderclap page.